1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

These crazy kids nowadays ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 6, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

driver leads cops on high-speed chase, up to 100 mph, crashes car. They run up with guns drawn -- and it's an 11-year-old girl.

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070706/NEWS01/707060324/1006

Nowhere in the story does it mention where the freaking parents were.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think girls should not be drinking and driving 100 miles an hour until they are at least 12.

It's amazing that she's alive.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Only in Alabama.

/stoob

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. KG

KG Active Member

OMG a DUI at 11!! This girl has a long miserable road ahead of her if she isn't placed somewhere that she will get proper supervision.

My mom would have strangled me if she knew I was out riding my bike back on the old spar mine roads at 11, let alone drinking and driving (no I didn't' drink and drive).

6. KG

KG Active Member

Awww I like that song, but now I'm daydreaming at work.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did you steal vans and crash them? ;-)

When my parents went to Vegas every other weekend I'd drive the car they left behind, '87 Maxima, around the 'hood to get practice for my driving test. I got adventurous and drove to the Lakewood Mall off Del Amo Blvd. once just to see how I'd handle the traffic. Never got up to 100 like this little Danica in training.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Next season of The Amazing Race: the 11-year-old from Alabama teams with Al Gore III.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

With the Bush twins administering BAC tests.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I haven't read the article but was she driving a Prius?

Draft saved Draft deleted