1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

These are the people I work with?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 10, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You'll love assfuck and fucktard then...

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Ahh, but to to hear fuck used as a noun, a verb and an adjective all in the same sentence, that's what this ace reporter musta wanted to hear;

"Hey, go fuck yourself, ya fuckin' dumb fuck!"

3. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

ha, well I didnt mean to turn the thread into this, but damn....fuck is definitely the most versatile word in the English language.

4. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Fuckin'-A, dude!

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love how some reporters and photographers will call and ask for directions or bitch about incomplete ones.

Hey, you are the one having to drive to the damn place. It might be worth 2 minutes of your time to get a freakin' handle on WHERE YOU ARE GOING.

In my experience it has been mostly the photographers.

6. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

google earth, yahoo maps, mapquest...I know reporters have internet access at all times basically

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

One of the funniest set of directions I've heard given over the phone was during a fire in some suburb my office covers. We only had seen it on TV, and we really had no clue where in the 2-square mile city it was.

The reporter, an intern, I think, had gone out and called in for specific directions. People in the office were chasing it, but didn't have an address. The news editor was trying to get her to find it herself, because she was closer than we were.

"Just follow the smoke!"

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

In our office, we'll joke about finding the local ballfield in some little town we haven't been to before.

"Just look for the lights."

Works, sometimes.

9. several times I've been lost, pulled over for a sec, fired up the laptop & air card, punched in my location and destination on maps.google.com, and off we go. can't beat it

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Back when I was a photographer I shot a hell of a lot of high school football in little dying logging towns in the northwest. I never bothered getting directions to the school -- you could always tell where it was from 5 miles away thanks to the lights.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

One time I sent an intern to cover an event and he ended up in another state that wasn't even close to said event.

I also recall a time when I sent a reporter out to cover a game on his first day of work and he called me from jail a few hours later. He had an outstanding warrant. His car was impounded. Never found out what the warrant was for though.

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

It's even easier where I live -- flat as hell and no trees to get in the way. You can see the lights from more than 10 miles out.

Draft saved Draft deleted