1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

These are the people I work with?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 10, 2007.

1. A rant:

Reporter, who's been with the paper for at least five years, calls me from his cellphone, five minutes after he left the office looking for (physical) directions to his story appointment.
    I tried to get him to do the fucking story that morning and go shoot photos but he fiddle-fucked around and surfed the internet after making one phone call and not hearing back.

It was obvious he did NOT want to do the story: a place that caught fire and had a man injured reopened across the street within 24 hours.
    We had a HUGE story with photos on Monday's paper, including address. I wanted a folo. He, with no other assignments this morning, wanted to fuck off.

Five minutes after he leaves he wants directions!
    I tell him the address.
    Him: Where is that exactly?
    Me: Its on 29th St. 504.
    Him: Where is that?
    Me: I don't know exactly.
    Him: Well, is it on the eastside of town or near the park?
    Me: I don't know. Why didn't you get directions when you called them this morning?
    Him: I did. But then they guy got busy and had to get off the phone.
    Me: When you get to 29th street see which block you are at. In the direction you are driving, if the block numbers get bigger turn around! If they are getting small, i.e. closer to 500, you're on the right track.
    Him: I'm not on 29th St.
    Exasperated, I give their number of the business.
    Me: Call them and ask for directions.
    Him: I talked to them already.
    Me: Call them BACK! Jesus H. Christ!

2. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

maps.google.com

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

4. Why didn't you just give him the directions?

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

That's the problem with a lot of reporters these days. fuckin lazy.

6. doesn't seem that way from the way he acted

7. fl2010

fl2010 New Member

I'm guessing he meant to say it's obvious the guy DID NOT want to do the story.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, that puts a hole new spin on it...

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Considering the commitment required to truly accomplish a lot in this buisness . . . the number of lazy people allowed to be in it continues to baffle and shock me.

10. sorry ..fixed it

11. lono

lono Active Member

My line for worthless fuckbaskets like that: "Son, a young man with your unique skill set and attitude seems ideally suited for a career in the food-service industry."

12. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I just enjoyed reading all the different ways "fuck" is being used. Fiddle-fucked easily tops the list.

Draft saved Draft deleted