1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's no crying in basketball!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

When will they take control? We're more than two-thirds through the season, and who will take control still hasn't been worked out. Hell, from yesterday's game, I'd give the ball to Mario Chalmers before James, Wade or Bosh.

The flaws in Miami's plan manifest themselves most clearly in end-of-game situations against good teams: no clear No. 1 Alpha Dog, no point guard, no consistent inside offensive and defensive presence. Also, you can argue, no bench, because most often if Wade and James aren't going crazy, Miami has no hope.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If Spoelstra had said it was getting dusty in the locker room, would that have been OK?

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The Heat are all reputation, no results. What have they shown to think they could get out of a 2nd round matchup with the Bulls or Celtics?

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I can't tell if you're being serious.

What gives you even a "hunch" that the Heat will do anything? Hell, the Knicks or whoever they play in the first round will give them everything and more.

They have feasted on mediocre teams. They crumble against the elite. They have yet to figure out how to close games this late in the season. They have no size. They are horrible at point guard. They lack depth.

Yep, sounds like a team that can take down the Bulls, Celtics and whoever else the Heat throws their way.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Wade's self-pity act is real lame. They brought this on themselves by celebrating the championship before the first game was even played. I don't get Spoelstra either. Even if players cried in the locker room Pat Riley would have never told the media.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I am being serious and you stop calling me Shirley... ;)

Let's say they swing back past the Bulls to the 2nd seed. Downside there is they play in a tougher division than Chicago with the 4 stiffs, including Cleveland, which has spotted the Bulls to a 12-0 division mark.

If they get the 2 seed, that's home court advantage against the Bulls, Magic, Knicks, which can mean a ton in NBA postseasons. And with the Cetics age, you never know when they might turn out to be too old for good.

Yes, I understand the points noted above and the facts about how they've done so far against top competition. But can they do it? I think so. Of course, I've been wrong before and will be again....

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Like everything else these days ... overblown.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Overheated.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I see what you did there.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I blame it on the French.

L'Bron. D'Wayne.

Draft saved Draft deleted