1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's drunk, then there's druuuuunnnnnnk

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 30, 2009.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

And that you're not supposed to put the entire bottle up there.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And the neck of the bottle is supposed to go in first.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Prude.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

She was probably still drunk from the first time.

.708 is really hard to believe. I tell you what, if I'm someone facing a DUI for a .09 or .1, I'm asking my lawyer to look into whether that Breathalyzer is working properly.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If you took a shot of some strong stuff, swished it around in your mouth and then blew into a portable BAC, you would record a number off the charts. One officer was eating rum cake and decided to see if it would show up on the portable and it registered a number. That's why the certified machine requires that you wait 20 minutes before using -- to dissipate the alcohol in the mouth -- and you have to take very deep breaths, to get the chest breath.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I just picture this woman jumping around in her jail cell, going "Woo hoo, I've got the state record!"

And any story like this deserves to give recognition to former major leaguer, Lary Sorenson, who holds the # 1, 4, 6 and 18 spots in the all-time drunkest arrested athlete list:

http://www.badjocks.com/bacleaders.htm

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm gonna stick with those little airplane bottles.

8. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Mike Leach is going to put her in a closet for not blowing a 1.0.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Sturgis?

How did this not happen during the Rally?

11. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

Nicely done!

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Breath tests are often done in order to establish probable cause, and a subsequent test (blood, etc.) is then done. And there are many things that will mess with a breath test -- asthma inhalers can throw them off, for instance. My wife, a registered nurse, says to insist on a blood test if you're accused of DWI because the tests are so much more reliable.

And no, I don't know about this from experience, fortunately. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted