1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's drunk, then there's druuuuunnnnnnk

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Fortunately, this gal should be able to get off the stolen car charges by saying that she was so drunk that she didn't know what cars she was getting into.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The music still holds up very well. Some of the poetry, OTOH, was drug-addled nonsense, in hindsight.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's metric. What is it in American numbers?

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Meh. I can take it or leave it.

He also likes Pink Floyd, though. That worries me.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not quite. BAC is the actual percentage, i.e. a .10 means your blood alcohol is 1 part per thousand.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I think former Raider Stacy Toran was about .4 or .5 also and he was driving. if i remember correctly he was close to dying from the alcohol if he didn't crash. a .708 is insane. can't imagine there'd be a hangover, unless you sleep 20 or more hours. if you sleep 8 hours you'd wake up still drunk or very buzzed.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As long as his love doesn't go all the way back to Syd Barrett, you're good.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

How could you even get enough alcohol in your system to get to .7? Do you just chug a bottle of Jack, Animal House style? And if you do, how does your body not make you vomit to get it out of there?

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I know someone who blew over a .7. At least that's what I was told by staff was on the report when I picked him up when he was released from detox. Grain of salt, and all that..but I can believe it.

Had been a hardcore drinker for 50+ years.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Take this for what it's worth. I saw it on that Spike TV show "Manswers".
    Supposedly you can get really, really drunk, really really fast if you put a bottle of whiskey in your ass.
    The alcohol goes straight into your system without going through your liver or kidneys first, so it hits you immediately and unfiltered. According to the show, you can go from stone sober to a possibly lethal BAC in 15 minutes or less.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ya, right, you saw it on TV. Sure, we all believe that.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I was doing that for years until someone told me you're supposed to take the cap off.

Draft saved Draft deleted