1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's a rumor that Ryan Seacrest wil host the Fox Pre-game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Please tell me this isn't true?

Call me an ass or an idiot. Someone tell me they havent heard this?

2. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

from tmz.com

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

It's all about cross-promotion. ABC did it with Jimmy Kimmel.

They'll use it as an opportunity to push American Idol even more and they're hoping the "Ryan appeal" will bring in little girls and AI fans.

Lucky for me I won't have to watch any of that garbage as I'll be too busy working.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Are the NFL and Fox really trying to outdue the last Super Bowl Halftime Suckfest: Cirque du Soleil?

When will they put a rock band on the card or something that doesn't make people everywhere want to vomit?

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Eh, if it's only for the Super Bowl, I won't care. I'll be too busy working.

If it were Clay Aiken as the halftime show, it could end up being as big a fiasco as Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl.

You couldn't get back together again Springsteen and the E Street Band? That would be something.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Horrible news. Funny lede though.

7. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

It's disgusting. I was already disgusted by the action from the NBA Finals but was sickened when they decided to cover Eva and Tony's upcoming wedding duringthe halftime show.

Seriously....what the hell is going on?

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The sports and entertainment worlds are colliding. Stuff like "Who's now" is another example of it. Most networks that show sports, but especially ESPN/ABC and Fox are pushing off the field as much as on the field to try and attract more casual viewers.

There are those, myself included, who would like analysis of the first half and a preview of the second half, but the Super Bowl has already crossed over into mainstream popular culture, and the NBA, with ABC and ESPN, is trying to do the same thing with the All-Star weekend and NBA Finals. Why do you think the NBA now has halftime shows at all of these things?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm waiting for the Seventh-Inning Stretch Show at the MLB All-Star Game. That should be wonderful.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I'm sickened by the union of pop culture and sports. As a man, where is my refuge from the insights of Paris Hilton or what Lindsay Lohan is doing?

It's disgusting....

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ryan Seacrest and the NFL: not that there's anything wrong with that

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't know what to tell you man. I try to stick to live sports and ESPN News, with halftime's spent posting on here.

Draft saved Draft deleted