1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There STILL are morons out there who leave their kids in hot cars

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Aug 14, 2010.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This was my first thought, also, after reading the thread title. Powerful, troubling stuff.

2. Troy

Troy New Member

Lmao! :D Take it to the bank, Azrael!

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A little bit in the story and especially in the online chat Weingarten did a couple days later, cell phone usage was a big theme -- it seemed that a very large percentage of the people who got distracted had been on the phone in the car.

There's tons of good stuff in that whole package that makes you look at the world in a new way, unless you're Troy and you're incapable.

4. Troy

Troy New Member

Yep, it's the cell phone's fault, huh? The shitty parent leaving their child inside an enclosed vehicle on a scorching hot summer day couldn't be at fault, right?

How many 'ways' can you possibly look at this situation?

This whole cell phone scapegoat is non-sequitur. This all goes back to the sweet, simple means of responsibility. One should own up to their actions. Take responsibility for being a forgetful buffoon.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Troy, did you read the article?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Troy doesn't read.

Troy does.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Good.

That's kind of like a pass-fail test of parenthood, like "don't hand the kid an electric hairdryer in the bathtub."

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

That is seriously LOL funny. Well done. :D

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wish I could bring myself to read the article. I just can't stand stuff like that. I don't even want to try to imagine how a parent must feel after making a mistake that leads to the death of his or her child.

Can't say I understand Troy's venom. I'm sure these people are putting themselves through more hell than he could ever inflict.

I will be extra paranoid when it comes to looking out for my little one just from reading this thread. And that is one hell of a lot of paranoid.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think people should trouble themselves to read the original article. No parents left their kids in a car. You'll have to find something else to be mad at them for.

12. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Sorry, but that plea was made long ago and it appears some folks aren't interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted