1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There just may be a god - Part II: ESPN MObile is tanking

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jun 20, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

espn mobile phone sales suck:

Mobile ESPN’s model doesn’t appear to be winning over consumers. The start-up, which was launched in February, had signed up fewer than 10,000 customers through May, according to people familiar with the situation. Robert Iger, Disney’s chief executive, said on the company’s first-quarter earnings conference call that initial sales from Mobile ESPN were “lower than hoped.”

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/espn/fewer-than-10000-sainted-souls-181965.php

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: There just may be a god

Hmmm. That's about 1/8 of a customer each time they have run that dumb commercial. Would that be considered an unsuccessful TV ad campaign?

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Rule number one of advertising:
    Don't do ads that make your customer base out to be obsessed, idiot, lifeless losers.

5. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Those stupid commercials have to be the root of that. They make me want to stop watching ESPN altogether.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

raindex, just so you don't think i'm e-stalking you, i remembered similar threads but didn't remember that you were the one who started them (but i saw that you were the initiator when i searched for the old ones).

Draft saved Draft deleted