1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There isn't enough Aleve in the world

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Aug 7, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why aren't you drinking heavily right now?

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Because it's only noon and I've had enough to drink for a while. But thanks for the suggestion.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's 5 o'clock somewhere dude.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

So ... something wasn't feeling right in my knee and I went to the doc today. X-rays tomorrow and subsequent scheduling of MRI ... suspected tear in meniscus of right knee. I am so bummed.
    Doc says I need to stop playing ball right now. Except women's league playoffs start tomorrow and I have three major tournaments to play in the next three weekends.
    I could just cry.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That damn Doc. Isn't he busy enough bossing Tits McGee around? He can't tell Flasher what to do too!!!

;D

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

HEY! Nobody puts Tits McGee in a corner.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sorry about the knee, kid. Been there, it sucks.

And this is probably horrible advice, but if it's torn clean through, it can't get worse. May as well play on it until you can get it fixed.

If it's only a partial tear, stay off it and let it heal.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Won't know about extent of damage until MRI is done ... and you know about our national issues with MRIs ... One buddy suggested bracing it ... I'm going to try.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

It's official ... I've decided to start crying.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We played with a 16-inch softball in college intramurals; had a one-hour time limit and most of the games were 4-2, 3-1, etc. Kind of like playing in the deadball era.

Our intramural football was 7-on-7 razzle-dazzle (everyone eligible, throw from anywhere on the field, in any direction), with absolutely no contact, six downs. It was a blast.

Flash: Should have been a curler.

Draft saved Draft deleted