1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is not such an existing narrative that she's out of touch.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Since the odds are high that the Republican nominee will be a rich, out of touch, old white guy, it's unlikely it will be a point of differentiation.

That said, I'm not sure why she's pushing back on this point.

Did they have a lot of money prior to leaving the White House? No. They'd never owned a home.

But, they left the White House owning homes in two of the most expensive neighborhoods/towns in America -- and these were not starter homes.

Their earning potential was off the charts. They were like the top pick in the NBA or NFL draft. They did not have to worry about financial security.

She should just say they were very fortunate.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

bootstraps

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

At least she'll be able to deny she's engaged in class warfare because she's a mamber of the rich class.
    Come to think of it. FDR was a member of the rich class, and he seemed to do just fine with the voting public, except for those who thought he was a traitor to his class.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

FDR was raised by a classist mother.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's easy to "do just fine with the voting public" if you're running during the worst depression in history and you're running against the guy the voting public blames for causing it.

It's also easy to "do just fine with the voting public" by being unencumbered by the burden of telling the truth during your campaign.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that purely political threads are still discouraged here, so they have to be written in some sort of code that to just about any observer is mostly unintelligible.

I hope that there is some sort of decoder ring available, but I can't find the secret SportsJournalists.com online store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.