1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is a special place in hell reserved for Allstate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/04/all.html

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Wow. That is just horrible.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, it's terrible. But why doesn't he just sue? Is there a Louisiana jury that won't side with him?

EDIT: Yes, I realize Allstate has the money to drag this out in litigation for years. I'd still sue.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's all Bush's fault.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Nobody here is saying that. Why would you?

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Filing a lawsuit is not always the easiest avenue. I once had a little situation and I had more than 25 lawyers (I called or contacted every single one) that told me by the time you shell out lawyer's and court costs, it's not worth even filing the lawsuit.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Then maybe a class-action suit is in order. I can't imagine this is a unique case in the Big Easy.

8. Johnny Dangerously

I don't think this case is a candidate for a class action suit yet. This specific type of case is the first of its kind there, according to reports, but Allstate has used other loopholes to screw many customers since Katrina and Rita.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So what you're saying is the guy is pretty well fucked, and has no recourse?

10. Johnny Dangerously

Unless the insurance commissioner steps in, which I doubt will happen.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes, there is JD.

This is SOP for Allstate, which took particular pride in screwing hundreds of its clients in the aftermath of the 1994 Northridge Earthquake: dragging, stalling, impeding or otherwise going out of its way not to do the job in which it was paid for over the years -- which is fulfill the service in which it was paid to perform.

There is a special place in hell for insurance companies like Allstate, who take your money and go out of their way not to fulfill their end of the legal bargain. To me, they're worse than drug dealers -- at least drug dealers (usually) fulfill their end of the bargain.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, it's Jobu's fault.

Draft saved Draft deleted