1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There can be only one!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or, in this case, a dozen or so episodes. Starting at 8 a.m. ET, Sci-Fi is having a marathon of the Highlander TV show from the 90s. They're showing most of Season 1.
    It'll run up to 6 p.m., followed by a Highlander movie ("Highlander: The Source"; made last year, haven't seen it, but it stars Adrian Paul so I assume it's based on the show), and a half-dozen more episodes from Season 1 of the show from 11 p.m. ET to about 5 a.m.
    Loved this show when I was in college. Might have to tune in for a few episodes.

2. BLASPHEMER!

There is NO such thing as a Highlander TV show, or any Highlander movie aside from the original Highlander, starring Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Mr. Crabs!

Curse you.
    May you get Christmas Poo in your stocking and be forced to watch color episodes of Andy Griffith until New Years.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Completely agree.

There's a reason they say there can be only one. They mean one movie, the original.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh come on, now, the show wasn't THAT bad! I actually liked that they deviated from the Connor character and focused on a different (albeit similarly themed) immortal.
    Only real problem I had (until it got silly in the later episodes) was Duncan chopping off so many damn heads. Dude either cleaned up real well and was an expert at disposing of bodies, or police around the world would've been hunting down a serial killer.
    The first movie is a classic. The other movies ... meh. The show had some decent qualities and was enjoyable.

Draft saved Draft deleted