1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are times I'm embarassed to live in the Burgh...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Nov 24, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny, almost all of the ugliness on this thread is coming from people who are supposedly better and more classy than us Pittsburgh natives.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I've gone to viewings in Virginia where the family of the deceased was wearing sweat pants and NASCAR shirts.

Top that.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If the post-funeral grub is the horseshit from Primanti Bros. that's more of pox on society than wearing a Steeler hat.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I agree with whoever said it was a cultural thing. I think you'd find the same thing in many other cities.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What ugliness is there?

You said 10 posts ago, this was nowhere near as ugly as you thought it'd be.

I like Pittsburgh, but I don't like taking forever to get there, nor do I enjoy the quasi-frat-boy culture at times.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

How you could make it through that paragraph without mention of Breezewood, THE HOME OF MOTELS!, is beyond me. ;)

It's all in the tunnels, baby. Once you get through the twin tunnels, everything is all right again.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The good ol' Blue Mountain Tunnel. Drove through there 12 times it seems during one moving expedition.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

My late uncle used to work in that little office at the top of the opening. If it wasn't for him, I would have thought aliens worked there.

9. outofplace

Just because I said it could have been worse doesn't mean I don't find some of the posts on this thread to be unpleasant.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If it makes any of you feel better, I grew up in a city of racists who didn't want to toss their kids on school buses.

11. outofplace

Eh, no biggie. I really expected even more piling on Pittsburgh when I first saw this thread. I've seen things in Pittsburgh and its suburbs much worse than the goofball wearing a Steelers cap to a funeral.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I like Pittsburgh. I like Pittsburgh a lot. Beautiful city, lots to do.

Steelers fans, though? They scare me, but in a ha-ha way, not a terrorized way.

Draft saved Draft deleted