1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are times I'm embarassed to live in the Burgh...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Nov 24, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I wish Pittsburgh were a little higher class and less remote, by East Coast standards.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One thing I love about Pittsburgh bashing here is that no one offers up where they are from. I'm sure they are all Garden of fucking Edens.

That said, Pittsburgh is an acquired taste, and if you were born and raised there, acquiring this taste is a lot easier.

Not saying it is the best city in the world, but if you were born there you have learned to love the certain special things about the city that you just cannot find anywhere else.

It is an eclectic place.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm from Chicago. Pittsburgh sucks.

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Upriver from you... as is our town's sewage treatment plant. Whatever you do, don't drink the tap water...

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Garden of fucking Eden.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So if the cap was plain, would that have been OK? Did the Steelers cap match the dude's suit?

Of course, I'm a Steelers fan and enjoy DMB so that makes me an idiot, right?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, Inky, come on. You know better than that.

That's not what makes you an idiot.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As acquired as, say, IC?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Unless it's mine, where it'll be a mandatory wear, Baseball hats to funerals are not an good choice, no matter the emblem.

10. 93Devil

Dead comedians, shitty sports teams 99 percent of the time and corrupt politics.

Every city has its flaws.

11. 93Devil

Damn good analogy.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I've seen funeral coverage on TV where the pallbearers have been wearing oversized t-shirts that had a photo of the deceased on the front. They've also been wearing baseball caps. It's a cultural thing that is not exclusive to Pittsburgh.

Draft saved Draft deleted