1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are five police cars in front of the apartment...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Aug 29, 2007.

1. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

..next door to mine. I live in Dallas. Crime happens..but five police cars is a lot..... No blue lights and no emergency vehicles...that signals to me they're investigating a crime that's already happened which is unlikely a burglary.

How can I find out why they're there? There are two houses in between my complex and that one but the complexes are similar.

If a murder happened down the street I'd like to know about it.

Can I call the Dallas PD? I really don't want to walk down there and seem like I'm rubber necking.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wait until tomorrow morning, then go down to the PD and ask for last night's reports.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm guessing you don't work at a newspaper; otherwise you could just ask the cops reporter or a night editor.

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

It's time to admit it. Who did you kill?

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Don't let them take you alive.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

LOL!

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Do you have a dampened rag ready to tie around your nose and mouth in case they use tear gas?

8. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Not any more...still hang around for the discussion.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dude, just walk down there and ask what's up.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Once in a Southern town at an earlier newspaper stop, we owned a house next to an apartment complex. They had a fight at the apartment complex one night and there were nine (9) police cars in the street. It felt like I was living in the southside of Chicago or something. The landlords evicted the trouble-makers and got new tenants and it was fine after that.

11. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Turns out it was a suicide...33 y/o guy. Sad but not something that makes me fear for my safety.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I had to look to see if Cradle Robber had started this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted