1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are 32 Thin Mint cookies in a box this year

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Mar 7, 2011.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

About seven or eight years ago I bought two cases - eight boxes in each, I think - from a friend to support the Scouts, and to have a good supply for us, our kids and the neighborhood kids who play here.

One case got shuffled into a pile of stuff in the garage. I found it three years later. The few cookies I tried seemed to be just fine but I threw them out. If processed food keeps that long it can't be good for you.

Love me some Samoas and Thin Mints, though. Good stuff.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't begrudge anyone selling a product (cookies) or service (car wash) asking for your patronage.

But stand out there with a helmet in your hand and ask me, "Do you wanna help us go to state?" as I'm entering a store, and you get nothing but a look of contempt.

EARN the money. Provide something to the person handing you money.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Just as I was wondering when the hell they were going to start selling Girl Scout cookies around here, I pulled in behind a car as I was going to work last Friday and it turned out to be the troopers delivering to those who had already ordered.

Luckily, she had extra boxes, so I got two Thin Mints and two peanut butter patties. She said she had been by the paper when her troopers took the advance orders but no one wanted them. That couldn't have been so because I love me some Thin Mints and I'd have been the first to sign up.

Then she tries to get me to buy a box of one of the kinds of cookies I don't like. Then she tries to get me to buy these ones they called "Lemonades," I think. Enough already, I'm spending $16 on cookies for a good cause. Don't push it.

4. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

$4 here as well. The dad selling them at my workplace mentioned the price went up this year. Iirc, they also eliminated some (newer, less popular) varieties.

They're hurting for funds like everywhere else, though I'll admit if they get up to $5 I may not buy for the first time since I started Girl Scouting myself in the longlong ago.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Makes no sense that they don't sell these in stores year round.

Don't sell the whole line, just the Thin Mints. Use the $$ for scholarships or whatever.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Girl Scout Thin Mints: Now with fewer calories!

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

They're right-sizing the boxes. Consumers get to do more with less.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

You are an awful, terrible person. The depth of your evil is incomprehensible. You are a bad person.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I gave $3.50 to a Girl Scout tonight with her mom at the Kroger in Lexington. They had a thing about donating a box to the troops. So I gave them $3.50 and told them to ship a box to an Army unit.

Then the mom and I (gak!) reminisced about when they were called Samoas and cost $2 a box. :D

10. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Oh, don't think that I haven't already stolen it. Which perhaps makes me more evil.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They're still called Samoas.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

They're Caramel DeLites here.

Draft saved Draft deleted