1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theory of evolution becomes slightly more credible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Oct 1, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You don't take a vote on science. Most people once thought the Earth was flat. They also once thought that the rest of the universe revolved around the Earth. I guess we should never have adjusted our thinking on those little theories, either, right Plop?

The fact that people wrote books about Creationism doesn't mean there is any evidence. Plop, this entire line of argument is foolish even for you.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yawn must be trolling here. No one can be that flat out stupid and still walk upright.

3. outofplace

You're mixing up your board wackos, but yeah, I don't think even he buys into the line of crap he's selling here.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Less than 5 percent of Americans have a good working knowledge of advanced calculus, therefore, it doesn't exist.

Phew! I've been saved!

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe we should organize an SportsJournalists.com outing. Free dinosaur rides!!! Jesus in a saddle!!

7. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

We actually know a lot more about evolution than gravity. No one knows what gravity even is, yet. We know it exists and some general rules for how it works, but we don't know why it exists.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

And we know we need to get it out of the schools. It's really God's farts keeping us from floating into space.

9. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

I checked the poll Zag linked. The title doesn't reflect the questions asked by the poll. Semantics.

If one posits:
    You may believe in God.
    Or you may believe in evolution.
    You can't believe in both, so which do you believe in?

Given that choice it appears that a majority will select belief in God.

No doubt (in my mind) a larger majority will continue to believe in evolution as well, because they don't accept the premise.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Most serious theologians would not accept the premise.

11. outofplace

Do you mean to suggest that Plop would resort to intellectual dishonesty to try to make a point?

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That's why it's called "faith."

Draft saved Draft deleted