1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theory of evolution becomes slightly more credible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Oct 1, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have been presented way more convincing evidence that over time living organisms have evolved to give rise to new forms of living organisms, than I have any evidence that an unseen deity exists or that it has played any role in my life.

I don't know that humans weren't created by Martians with magical Etch-a-Sketches. But I don't give much credence to the thought because I have no evidence of it being true.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums up my feelings, as well.

Well put.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

But it's in a book!

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ah, the beauty of creation.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Evolution is not a fact and there is every bit as much "evidence" to suggest that creationism is a fact as there is evolution.

But the reason evolution is pushed so hard is twofold and it is for the same reason this new "alternative lifestyles" bullshit shit is being pushed in health classes -- one the atheistic god-hating liberals who so dominate academia will go to any length -- including believe and push this kookacracy despite the thousands of gaping holes in it -- and two it is a political hot potatoe used to paint any and all opponents of it or proponents of the other side as right-wing conservative wackos.

Nothing more, nothing less.

And again, if there were this many gaping holes in the idea of gravity we'd be floating around, not walking on the earth......

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Outing alert!

Zagoshe is Dan Quayle!

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Unless the Big Bang happens to make it to YouTube, I'm not sure what evidence you can provide for creationism.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And what are these gaping holes in evolution, which, as has already been noted on this thread, has actually been observed occurring?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Plop, do you even buy your own line of bullshit on this one?

Exactly what evidence is there to support creationism?

Since when do you go for the anti-religion conspiracy theories?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're a raving lunatic.

There is no evidence----none whatsoever--to support creationism as a scientific fact.

And the fact that you're now saying that the teaching of evolution is part of a larger social agenda makes you sound even more ridiculous.

Welcome to Idiot America. Enjoy your stay.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I know this -- those of you who believe in evolution are in the minority in this country and based on the opinions exprressed by some of you on a number of other threads, well, this tells me we should ban evolution teaching (notice this a CBS poll, not one conducted by a religious organization).....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/22/opinion/polls/main965223.shtml

As for the idea that there is no evidence for creation -- here is just one of thousands of books on the market about it....

http://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Case-Creation-Henry-Morris/dp/0890510377

And the evidence -- plus the lack of evidence proving evolution -- suggests that both theories should be offered and children should be given the "free expression" or "free thinking" latitude (you know, the new buzz words to justify the dumbing down of schools) to make their own choice about which theory they believe.

12. We're going to vote on evolution?

Draft saved Draft deleted