1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theory of evolution becomes slightly more credible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Oct 1, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

There has been a momentous paleontological find in Ethiopia which, with the proper vetting, might become part of a public school curriculum.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/091001-oldest-human-skeleton-ardi-missing-link-chimps-ardipithecus-ramidus.html

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

This is bull. Don't you dare bring science into our class rooms!!!!! Humans were made by God and no amount of evidence to the contrary changes this. It's be like if a math teacher was telling you 1+1=2 but the bible said 1+1=4.532. Which one are you going to believe?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This new guy, with the sloped forehead, looks a bit like Glenn Beck.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Some people aren't going to like this.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Fascinating stuff. Ardi predates Lucy by about a million years and scientists have been working on the discovery for 17 years.

6. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Interesting discovery. Aside from Carl Everett and a few other saps, who truly disbelieves in evolution? Fish in a barrel, and a small barrel at that.

Virtually all politicians back ideas they don't really believe in; that's politics. Mike Huckabee, for example, may have a brain made of vegemite, but I bet if you had a private conversation with him he'd confess that he just doesn't know. Political convenience.

Things have sure changed since I took anthro in the '60's, lots of new info; but what motivates politicians hasn't changed since JFK, LBJ and Nixon roamed the Earth.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Slightly more credible?

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

fixed :p

9. KVV

KVV Member

Another libruhl conspiracy!

Once again, This picture > your bullshit scientific "theories"

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Have you checked out our Politics sub-forum?

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"Luuuuuucy! ... ... I'm bones!"

I hope that they can confirm this as the earliest human ancestor. Then they can zero out that silly carbon dating scale at 7,500 years, where it belongs.

12. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

I've avoided it like the plague.

Lots of folks are more interested in backing an argument, no matter what their doubts, than they are in the truth. Blogs and boards are the worst for that; this one is no different. And some people just won't, or can't, let go. When it comes to sports, I can handle that. Politics, not so much.

Or, I'll put it this way. I get lots of facts on sports from this website, things I didn't know, and it's easy to separate facts from opinion. But when it comes to politics, posters just yell at each other and put each other down. Too much heat, not enough light.

And that, obviously, is just my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted