1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theo goes to the Cubs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

If he brings home championships for both the Sox and the Cubs, I'm prone to consider that we could be looking at the second coming of the messiah....

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I hear Crane Kenney made fun of a lot on talk radio and other places, but I don't know the whole background.

What's the deal? Is he just a nincompoop? An asshole? Why is he so reviled?

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

He's the dipshit who had the Greek Orthodox priest sprinkle Holy Water in the Cubs dugout prior to Game 1 of the 2008 NLDS. Then after the story came out, he called the priest a liar and said the priest called him first. He's also been accused of meddling in baseball operations despite a complete lack of experience and knowledge in baseball matters.

In other words, he is the anti-John McDonough.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This seems to be the gist of what is frequently said. His background is in, what? Just law, right?

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Cubs have the same problems the Red Sox have, problems that Epstein created in Boston. Horrible unmovable contracts they've literally had to build around and a bad farm system. Epstein should be required to take Lackey with him to Chicago.

Draft saved Draft deleted