1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Then and now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jan 31, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Was that directed to anyone in particular?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm merely interested where this was cut and paste from. And the rifle thing....even then, no one had any business leaving a rifle in their car. And the reference to Ritalin is merely a symptom of how people are quick to demonize or misunderstand prescription medicine.

And I betcha somewhere on the site this was taken from was some anti-NEA pap.

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Then: Blacks were lynched for trying to gain equal access.

Now: Racists, homophobes and closet homosexuals blame everyone else for the White Man's problems.

The 1950s were great for racists, war mongers and McCarthyism.

Some things never change see printdust, Halliburton-owned W administration and suggestions that anyone opposing current PResident's plans are anti-American.

Next you'll say dentists should have their own schools. I bet you're an anti-dentite!

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You forgot the second half of the 2006 "what happens"..... Johnny's parents become millionares after successfully suing the school for having faulty playground conditions that resulted in his scraping his knee and becoming the victim of a sexual predator. Johnny's family then moves out of town as the school district has to raise taxes by an ungodly amount to cover the cost of the lawsuit.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

1967: You're pulled over for drinking and driving.......you give your hooch to the cop, and off you go.

2007: You're pulled over for drinking and driving.......you give your hooch to the cop, and off you go to jail for weeks, lose your license, insurance gets yanked.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Wait, things were different 50 years ago? No way!

Hey can I start posting all the e-mails I forward or get forwarded to me, too? I got this one about "you know you're a redneck when..." that I think everyone would find hilarious.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Has anyone heard about hookers in Vegas drugging male tourists, putting them in a bathtub full of ice, and then stealing a kidney?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

1953: The Lions were on the brink of greatness.

2006:
    [​IMG]

9. EE94

EE94 Guest

That happened to a friend of a friend of a mine. Honest ta gawd!!

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Better look out for the syringes underneath gas pump handles, too...

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I love it when people post email forwards.

I so rarely get the chance to fully enjoy them in my inbox. It's a pleasure to come here and have the opportunity to peruse them carefully.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

1985: Joey gets cut from high school basketball team. He pouts and cries a bit, but deep down knows he wasn't good enough. Mom and Dad take him out for a nice family dinner at Applebee's.

2006: Joey gets cut from high school basketball team. Mommy and Daddy sue school district, school, principal and coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted