1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theismann done on MNF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Mar 25, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yes. mr. tony said on his radio show last week that he had a conversation over dinner at his favorite italian spot with two of the head honchos at the leader and they told him they thought he could be much better.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Re: Theismann out on Monday Night Football

Jaws gets along with TK. It's all glaringly obvious -- and about time.

3. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

Re: Theismann out on Monday Night Football

Can ESPN just skip the pretenses and call itself, NFL Network II? Sheesh ...

It's baseball season, boys ... how about some baseball stories instead of more Matt Schaub and Matt Hasselback and reports from the NFL owners meetings and predictions on whom the friggin' Seahawks will take with their first 5 picks? Enough.

4. Re: Theismann out on Monday Night Football

Don't worry, they'll fuck us. :mad:

Who could be worse than Theismann?

This guy (who happens to be on the market):

[​IMG]

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Who knows, maybe Kornheiser will benefit from having Jaws in the booth much like a baseball team's #3 hitter having a competent cleanup guy batting behind him. I'm just sayin'...

6. NDub

NDub Guest

ESPN now confirms, too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2812834

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, this is mixed news. Although it will be great to hear Jaws doing the games instead of Theisman, Jaws' great analysis in the studio will be missed.

8. Thank the heavens above.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Praise the Lord, and pass the microphone.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Maybe they could package Jaws into the Monday Night lead-in. The whole shebangs going to be there anyway, why not? Have him do his taperoom thing from the booth.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Pardon me, while I do an Irish jig around my desk.

THANK YOU, JESUS!!!! [/Kurt Warner]

Mr. Tony agreed in principle to a two-year stint with MNF and this fall is the second year. I'm so happy for Jaws. From the basement to the penthouse, he worked his ass off and knows his shit. Plus he can dissect what Mr. Tony says and relay it to the masses.

12. boots

boots New Member

Joe's best Monday night performance was getting his leg broken by Lawrence Taylor. A definite classic that you can't see on TV anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted