1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Their stock price could hit zero for all I care

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Birdscribe, Dec 25, 2007.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

This is one of the most bizarre threads I've ever seen on here, which is saying something.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I see. So the small amount it spent on a campaign to reform the health care system (which would do a better job of screening people for cancer) is not the issue anymore...

I'm just taken aback that anyone could take such issue with the American Cancer Society, for seemingly no reason. It's books are wide open, and it's research funding is what it is--as I said it has funded 42 Nobel Prize winners. I do still want to know who the humanitarians are and what the Rockefellers have to do with a 501(c)3 non-profit that spends and raises so much money for disease research and education.

3. JackS

JackS Member

Actually, a journalist has done a very good job with the fluoride issue. There's an interview with him at the link below and a good chunk of his book is on Google Books.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7319752042352089988

No way will I ever (purposely) ingest flouride again.

4. I'm sorry, but Jeffrey Wigand would disagree with you.

5. I'll say.

6. Wow...have not seen this. Thanks.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It has taken some odd twists and turns, hasn't it?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's such an ass backward outfit that it won't even recognize Vitamin D as being a possible -- possible -- deterrent to cancer. These people -- medicine's true Flat Earth Society -- have their heads so far up their ass they could use their lungs (cleaner than everyone else's, don't you know) for earmuffs. Recent research already has shown that Vitamin D is a reductor in women's cancer, making it maybe the biggest breakthrough discovered by modern medical science.

I take issue with them because it's a whole lot more quackery coming from a part of the scientific community that holds itself in such high (and false) regard. They are a fucking laughingstock among cancer societies from other nations, and will remain so until their "advancements" transcend something other than that which belongs in a grainy filmstrip from the '50s or in a medical museum.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Slightly off topic, but whatever happened to that girl at the SF Chronicle that was chronicling her battle with cancer? I haven't seen her thread updated. I remember I first checked it about 8 chapters in, and I spent a good two hours reading it all. I hope she's OK.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Actually, check me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Congress, or at least the FCC, CAN in fact regulate TV advertising. They did it with cigarettes and hard liquor. Remember, the First Amendment guarantees a free press. It says nothing about television or radio, which is why you can't say the F-word (what, Jew?) on TV, and why there's educational programming requirements and all that jazz.

Draft saved Draft deleted