1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Zen of Bobby V.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by derwood, Apr 28, 2008.

1. derwood

derwood Active Member

This documentary will be shown on ESPN2 on May 13th.

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/filmguide/Zen_of_Bobby_V.html

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rumor has it Bobby V is the next manager of the Rangers and Jeff V (G) is the next coach of the Mavs.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't picture Bobby V working for a barely pubescent and less-than-adequate GM (Chris Young AND Adrian Gonzalez for Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka? where do I sign up!) who's going to tell him who to put in the lineup every night.

But he deserves to be back here. The man can fucking manage.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm guessing Ron Washington gets the hook before Daniels.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There are only 30 MLB managing gigs. If he wants back in bad enough he'd work for you or me. Plus, it's a pretty low pressure gig and he still has a lot of fans in Arlington for some reason.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

They remember his shitty restaurant in a strip mall near I-30 with misty-eyed tenderness?

7. Armchair_QB

They set the bar pretty low around here.

8. writing irish

I was back in DFW this month and was pissed that two of my favorite spots- Rick's on the Bricks in Fort Worth and The Corner Tap in Dallas- were gone. Fuckers.

Of course, the absence of Smacko's in Arlington is an even greater crime. Wonder whatever happened to old Joe Macko.

I feel bad for Washington...he's getting screwed. As for Bobby V, can he wave a magic wand and turn Ben Broussard into Mike Hargrove? Shit, I'd take Pat Putnam.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, but he's a national hero in Japan and he is the face of his franchise. I'd be surprised if he took a step back to come back here.

I think he got along with Nolan Ryan. Perhaps he'd come aboard if Nolan made it clear he'd have final say over Junior the GM.

10. Armchair_QB

Junior is more than likely just now coming to grips with the fact that he'll be looking for work in the not-to-distant future.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hope nolan fires him by putting him in a headlock and pounding his head five times. :D

12. writing irish

Second that, BYH.

What's Valentine's buddy Tom Grieve up to these days?

Draft saved Draft deleted