1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Zack Greinke story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Feb 22, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Great stuff, IJAG. Thanks for posting it.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Can't wait to read Joe's story this week.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Why is that panda sad? That's going to bother me all day.

Also, great story. I re-read the story on the first page of this thread, too. Good, good stuff.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The cover: http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2009/04/28/greinke-world-premiere/

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Looks cool. I suppose I'll be paying newstand price this week to pick one up.

Allard Baird was working with a short stack throughout his tenure as Royals GM. But he and the rest of the KC brass deserve infinite credit for sticking with Greinke through the years. It was the best move for Greinke the person and the organization, and right now everybody looks like they hit the jackpot.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Watching Zack Greinke pitch is something else. I'm glad he's locked into KC for a few more years and won't be surprised to see him in KC even longer. He's at the very least expressed disinterest in not playing in a major market.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

You have no fucking idea.

And it's "bawling". Sheesh.

8. HandsomeHarley

I've been suffering from major depression for 15 years now. And it was a so-called "religious" organization that laid me off after 10 years "serving" the company that started it.

Go fuck yourself.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If a layoff "started" your major depression, it's not really a chemical issue, is it?

10. HandsomeHarley

Yes, there is. I believe you are supposed to take it with grape Kool-Aid.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Fixed.

12. HandsomeHarley

The details of being laid off from a faith-based organization that preached one thing and treated me another was the basis for the start of my depression.

I was promised that if I relocated from SoCal to Florida with this company that they would move me into another position once I was finished eliminating my current position.

One day after receiving my 10-year "service" award, i was laid off. I ended up driving 5,000 miles to live with my wife's step-father and working graveyard shift at a Denny's.

I challenge anyone to go from $25g a year (in 1984) to $3.75 an hour sweeping cigarette butts out of the parking lot at 7 a.m. and not get depressed. Oh, and try it with a 3-year-old daughter and an evil son of a bitch for a step-father.

Draft saved Draft deleted