1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Zack Greinke story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Feb 22, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

You really think depression is something a person can control? The guy was swinging a baseball bat in his room while crying. To my knowledge, that is not normal behavior. He is/was sick and needed help before he did something stupid.

Greinke is taking responsibility. He pulled himself out of baseball to work on his problems. He admits he had/has a problem. Maybe you should spend a year with someone who is as depressed as Greinke and then you come back here and tell me how easy his life is.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Something tells me idiotsnetwork has bigger problems than Greinke has.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

He did the right thing to take responsibility to stop playing baseball. That being said taking anti-life drugs are not going to solve his problems. Only self reflection and taking care of his spiritual side of his life will solve his problems. Drugs never help people in the long run and they only delay and often times worsen the symptoms while not allowing the person to address the real issues.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again you remind us that you are not really a sports journalist. I think we can all see that you are here because you wish you could do this, but you just don't have what it takes.

You can't get past your own jealousy of these athletes to see them as human beings. Clinical depression is very real, but you would rather stick to your own backwards beliefs than actually learn something. You can't get over your own myopic fear and hatred of anything different from yourself long enough to gain the kind of perspective Bob Dutton gave us in this story.

That is why Dutton does this for a living, and why he has earned the praise of his peers. And it is why you are a jealous, pathetic wannabe.

5. outofplace

We desperately need an ignore function on this board. indiansnetwork, you have no idea what you are talking about. I have seen drugs help more people in desperate need of it and I have seen faith fail just as many of them.

Are you one of those goofballs who refuses medical treatment and waits around for your faith to heal you? If that is the case, I just pray that you don't have any children.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

anti-life drugs?

good god, lay off the idiot drugs

7. It's truly disturbing that people think this way.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

So you admit he has problems?

His problems are not being a spoiled brat. He's not asking for money to feed his family. He's not knocking up chicks left and right. He is/was sick. Just because he doesn't have a 104.1 degree fever doesn't mean he's not sick.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Appalling.

We have this reader's call-in line, and run some of the calls on our Page 2 every day. Maybe 3-4 times a year, I get roped into doing it because there's nobody else around. And it always depresses me because there are so many people out there who think like indiansnetwork.

10. outofplace

Just don't take any drugs to make you feel better. Only faith and deep reflection can truly help you. :)

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

http://www.jeannesegal.com/alternatives_depression/meds_depression_caution.htm

Maybe, I am not the one who needs to learn something new.

12. Indiansnetwork: Am I supposed to be impressed because you linked to a doctor's Web site that supports what you're preaching?

Draft saved Draft deleted