1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Zack Greinke story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Feb 22, 2007.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I think somebody linked to the story JoPo wrote about Greinke for the Star's baseball preview earlier. If not, I'll give you a link.

This story is basically a condensed version of that story. It's not a knock... there's nobody at SI who's a better fit for the piece, given JoPo's history with Kansas City. I'd guess it's also hard to write two lenghty takeout pieces about the same subject (with basically the same storyline) just six weeks apart.

With everything that the Royals have screwed up, it's just nice to see them reap the rewards of doing something right for a change... drafting Greinke, then standing by him while the aforementioned issues were addressed.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Give me a break, he was the best pitcher in baseball when he was a Twin too.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And if Halladay were a FA, he'd make a a lot more. Where's the venom for Derek Lowe?

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

That sonuvabitch Grienke gave up two runs last night. Two. His freaking ERA erupted to 0.50.
    Well, he's sucks again.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's not so bad, you're going to have to watch the 2009 AL Cy Young winner at work.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

He can't win the Cy Young! His zip code is outside the extended metroplex!

Draft saved Draft deleted