1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Zack Greinke story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Feb 22, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

If this is a D_B, please feel free to delete, with my sincere apologies.

Great read in today's KC Star about troubled Royals pitcher Zack Greinke. The poor kid was really, really messed up. I used to think he was just a wuss, but after reading that I feel for the kid. If not playing baseball will make him happy, I hope he quits, but he seems like he's ready to start all over.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16753033.htm

2. Great story.

A prime example of what I feel is journalism at its best: content that informs and serves the readership AND is worthy of award consideration.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Greinke is another scared prima donna pitcher. You shouldn't feel sorry for a kid handed a starting job in the major leagues. Depression is nothing more or less an emotion problem that is completely his own fault.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Go away.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Right ...

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that.

7. indiansnetwork

People don't want to take responsibility for their actions or accept that they have things other only could dream of. Greinke should go to Iraq and see how bad those people have it before balling like a baby about making a living pitching in MLB.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Cleveland fans are miserable no matter what, aren't they?

9. You can't be serious. Do you have any idea what depression can do to a person?

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If you think this has anything to do with baseball, you're sadly mistaken. STFU.

11. indiansnetwork

Yep, Lets all have a pity party for a spoiled athlete. Great, while we are at it lets allow Barry Bonds to charge every one who walks him with racism.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

We shouldn't be surprised. This is the same person that thinks gay people have a mental disorder.

Draft saved Draft deleted