1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The wrong way to solve the childhood obesity epidemic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120229/US.Grand.Canyon.Child.Abuse/

Take your grandkids on a forced march through the Grand Canyon.
    A jury agreed the guy went about it the wrong way and now he's facing life in prison.
    Oh, and the next time I hear some idiot complain about how soft and politically correct society has become and how you can't yell at your kids without somebody calling child protective services, I'd like them to read about this and that woman in Alabama who ran her kid to death because she lied about eating a candy bar.
    And 45 is way too young to be a grandfather of three.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Your last line undersells the generational math. He has a 12-year-old grandson, meaning he became a grandpappy at 32/33. Story says he became a dad at 15 and his daughter gave birth at 17.

Methinks that could be a contributing factor to his unorthodox style.

3. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Shit. I'm 41 and my kids are 4 and 6. My son needs to get on the ball if I'm gonna catch up.

Draft saved Draft deleted