1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The writer behind "Fire Joe Morgan" is...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by black dude with pompano, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ...an Emmy-winning writer and co-producer for The Office, who also plays Dwight's cousin Mose.

And here I thought he was a blogger living in his mother's basement the whole time.

For those who don't know, FJM started with the simple (and relatively easy) mission of pointing out the many absurd things that Joe Morgan says in the course of a broadcast. But it's evolved to include criticism of bad sports journalism in general. It's one of my favorite blogs, even though I'm sure many of my colleagues in the newspaper business are not big fans.

Anyway, if there are any other loyal FJM, readers on SJ, I thought it would be worth noting that the site creators have outed themselves...

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/
    (second post)

2. it would be funny if Morgan was a fan of the show. But there's no way that jackass would find any humor in The Office.

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In defense, there's no way that in the NL the Mets' acquisition of Santana stacks up against the Phils' acquisition of Pedro Feliz.
    Advantage: Phils.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I really hoped the first post would read "... Jon Miller."

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

BLOGS!!!

[/somebodyhadtodoit]

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I have to admit, I enjoy the site.

Of course, I've never had my work picked apart by them.

Yet.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody on this board has had their worked picked apart by them.

Edited for Mr Petty

10. statrat

statrat Member

The fact that FJM and The Office are connected has doubled my love for both.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I enjoy the blog a lot, though I haven't been ripped on it.

I have been ripped on another blog that I really enjoy. I still enjoy it.

12. Do we have any SJ members who are big fans of superbike racing? (/inside FJM humor)

Draft saved Draft deleted