1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The worst Simpsons open ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JakeandElwood, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, I didn't take it that way. Everything is cool. :)

This is true. I will absolutely acknowledge that. And they also swing and miss at stuff that, in my opinion, totally falls flat.

I love the Beatles but, for the last three years of their existence, from 1968-70, the Stones absolutely were better. I'll take "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or "Honky Tonk Women" over anything on The White Album or Abbey Road.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

ugh ... To each their own

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That is simply not true.

I started to make a list of great episodes from the last six years, but I was back two seasons and already had too many on my list. There are a few duds ever year, but also always six or seven that just knock a particular social issue or modern topic out of the park. No show does as good a job taking a dead on and hilarious take on relevant topics.

The Imaginationland series alone proves you wrong.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't get me wrong. I watch it all the time and I have every DVD set except the latest.

But there are many times where you just go, ok, we get it, can we move on now?

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

OK, when do you pull the plug on this? This season is Cleveland Show bad.

6. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

That's quite the insult. I have yet to make it through an entire Cleveland Show episode, even though it follows the Simpsons. I didn't see tonight's Simpsons, though.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously? Tonight was hilarious, start to finish. And the open was especially inspired.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I missed the open but I thought it was great tonight. Not Homer at the Bat great but great nonetheless.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Bart's dance around the bases was freaking hilarious.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Mike Scocia (sp?) played the best cameo I've seen in a while.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

If he took himself as seriously in real life as he did in The Simpsons, I'd be a much bigger fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted