1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The worst poll of all time

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by UPChip, Feb 28, 2017.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And here I was looking for some place to rant about SportsCenter interviewing Jimmy Smits ... but there's a media outlet having a slower news day!

Bronco77 likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's pretty bad. Surprisingly, there are more than 1,500 votes. Those girls are going to wear their wrists out voting for themselves all week.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

The fact that this poll received more than 1,500 votes indicates it probably got quite a few online clicks. Which is all that matters anymore.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4,468 votes.

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

One of the largest papers here does polls (and photo galleries) for everything. The swimmer who made the biggest impact at the county championships may not have actually swam (swum?) an event, and most likely didn't win any. But s/he rounded up friends to click over and over again.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I saw this from a college colleague and former Detroit News reporter who suggested it be shared to Reddit to celebrate its inanity, so I think that probably has a lot to do with it.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Obligatory "which one is your kid" post.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the "Which area girls basketball player is most likely to tear an ACL?" poll.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How can I vote if there are no photos?

Ace and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

12K votes now. Grand Haven's Meagan Batka is in the lead.

Draft saved Draft deleted