1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The worst NFL starting quarterback during the Super Bowl era

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I think George had the greatest natural arm I've ever seen. Unfortunately attached to a 10 cent head. I'm not sure if he belongs in this discussion, but he'd be a headliner on the all time "wasted talent" list.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Friesz also was primarily a backup,and did throw more TD passes than INTs over his career (45-42).

Grbac also had a 4,000 yard passing season and threw 99 TD passes to 81 INTs.

Bono also had a Pro Bowl season, and was a solid backup behind Young with the Niners.

Rosenbach had some potential with some awful Cardinals teams until he got hurt.

Walsh is probably the only guy on your list who might define the term "shitty quarterback"

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

George's brain process was, and is, one constant short-circuit. He was about as trustworthy as Favre is, now, in terms of the inherent responsibility of possession.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know if he's one of the worst QBs to get one step shy of the Super Bowl, his stats actually weren't bad, but he's one of the most non-descript and forgotten QBs to get his team that far.

[​IMG]

Don't recognize him? Let's reveal him through his truly awesome CFL card ...

[​IMG]

Definitely a "legend".

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dieter Brock got the Rams to an NFC Championship game.

Alex Smith has made Troy Smith look like a savior. Mmmmmm, might be a nominee.

Draft saved Draft deleted