1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The worst interview in the history of a major American newspaper...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Jan 30, 2009.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...and our friends at Tribuneco were kind enough to capture it on a cellphone camera, and then were proud enough to post it on their website.

The fail shown here is unprecedented.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sundance/2009/01/live-from-my-24.html

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

That was brutal. Which body part would you sacrifice to frostbite? Jeebus.

1stADD: Someone in the comments linked to an article about the director's journal. Here's a brilliant excerpt:

"Next day, I team up with James Gandolfini and Mimi Kennedy, two of the US cast. They play a Pentagon general and a US state department politico doing their not-very-best to stop a war happening. Mimi is hilarious and James is always charming and generous, and very patient with the press. Just as well. The first interviewer is from the LA Times. That's an important newspaper. We all have to be on our best behaviour. The reporter places a small mobile phone on a tripod. We look at each other, and get ready for the smart incisive questioning. "If you had to lose one body part to frostbite, what part would it be?" Somewhere out in the digital ether, there's footage of the three of us all looking at each other thinking, "What in arse's name has happened to the LA Times?"

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Oh ... My ... God.

4. The future of the industry!

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That was actually physically painful.

6. My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I anticipated that advice and followed it by preceding it. I hope that makes snense. Deos it?

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What does a tripod for a cellphone cam look like?

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

And this was the LA Times -- you can only imagine how the three guys felt knowing they still had to sit through questions from People, Access Hollywood, Extra, etc.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Too many points. I just use meth instead.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the story is? Did the LA Times outsource Sundance coverage? But then again, look who the LAT is competing against in the region.

Draft saved Draft deleted