1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The worst holiday specials- bring in the sequels

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Dec 24, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Lil 93 loves to watch animated shows, and since my wife has a pretty good collection of holiday DVDs, Lil 93 his getting a pretty good compliment of all the specials. She is seeing the good ones and the crappy ones.

Tagged onto the Frosty the Snowman dvd is this "holiday classic" created in 1993. I think they made it in two days with a long lunch break each day.

And yes, that is a very young Elizabeth Moss voicing the girl.

Any additions?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There's an addition to a Charlie Brown Christmas and a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

The Thanksgiving one is particularly awful. They tell the story of the pilgrims and Indians, which is fine and educational and all, but it's not very funny.

What I always hate is when they hype the sequels with "bringing back old friends ... and there's new friends as well!" Yep, more toys to sell!

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The only sequel I liked was the one with Snow Miser and Heat Miser. Those guys are great.

4. I have never found any of the Charlie Brown specials funny.

5. baskethead

baskethead Member

Yeah, Frosty Returns is on my Frosty the Snowman DVD. I hate it, Jonathan Winter's version of Frosty is an asshole.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

7. doctorx

doctorx Member

Can't find Santa Claus Conquers the Martians on any station.

Draft saved Draft deleted