1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Worldwide Leader...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tommyp, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The only thing I can add to this discussion is there's no hyphen in Jefferson Pilot, nor in Lincoln Financial, the new name for the former JP telecasts. More than two decades in the business, and that's all I'm good for.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just seeing if you were awake out there, J_D. ;)

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I woke up from a nap about an hour ago, Dools. I must have sensed something was amiss here. Thanks.

4. dooley_womack1

The JP signal went out over the night sky, and you went to the JP cave.

5. Who likes football enough to watch it on Sunday night when they could be watching "The War at Home" instead, but not enough to order ESPN?

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That makes one of you.

Fear not, ESPN is catering to your demo like the average HS schlep caters to the prom queen. In fact, they've written off anyone north of 35, which is why this 41-year-old who grew up watching the Worldwide Leader since the days of Aussie Football, George Grande, Tom Mees and Gayle Gardner likes it less and less every day.

7. dooley_womack1

That, and not enough supervixens.[/insidejoke]

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't feed the trolls.... Come on Scribble... you should know better

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Go check out some of the stuff on YouTube that gets the most hits. You will find a David Hasselhoff video among the top 20 most uploaded clips (almost five million, I believe). That gets great ratings, too.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Well played. ;D

11. dooley_womack1

Too bad Varla wasn't around to get it, too. :-\

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There's no doubt in my mind MNF could air on Lifetime each week and draw similar ratings, only with Meredith Baxter-Birney serving the bad jokes instead of the "American humorist" Kornheiser.

Draft saved Draft deleted