1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The World's Most Unfunny Comedian: You vote

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jul 27, 2012.

?

Who is the world's most unfunny comedian?

1. Carrot Top

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Carlos Mencia

10 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Jimmy Fallon

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Louis Anderson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kathy Griffin

10 vote(s)
    12.7%
  6. Sinbad

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Dane Cook

30 vote(s)
    38.0%
  8. Judy Tenuta

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. Whoopi Goldberg

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  10. Richard Lewis

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Other

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. Back when I had XM, Blue Collar Radio was a mainstay for me. And every time a comedy song came on, something Carrington did a lot, the channel got changed, instantly. Comedy music is rarely funny.

Sticking with Blue Collar, though, I always thought Engvall was the best of that bunch.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm convinced Sandler must've struck the same deal with the Devil as Whoopi Goldberg. Don't know how else to explain their level of success and worldwide fame.

3. Sandler always struck me as one of 'those guys'. And by 'those guys' I mean the ones you laugh at in the car, but when there is a passenger, you feel like a dolt for laughing at because it is so mind-numbing stupid that you feel like less of a person for laughing at it.

4. turski7

turski7 Member

Sandler, Dunham and Ralphie May are awful. Sandler's run his course and the other two have never been and never will be funny. A black-site prison is where they should be housed.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

He's not the least bit funny to me. I can't understand how he got ANOTHER late night show.

6. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I couldn't believe anyone could muster outrage that his show was canceled.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He's the only late night talk show host who makes me laugh without a guest on stage. Admittedly, his show has been worse lately. I imagine the budget for writers, like everything else, took a hit. But Conan still sells it. I love Conan O'Brien as a comedian. But I can understand why his goofy wiles wouldn't work on some viewers.

But to mention him in this thread ... His Simpsons writing credits would seem to be enough to take him out of the discussion. He wrote "Marge vs. the Monorail" and "Homer Goes to College."

8. turski7

turski7 Member

I wish he would stay behind the camera. His goofy schtick and awful hair are too much to take in. I just don't see the appeal.

Draft saved Draft deleted