1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The world's most stable and prosperous countries, of which we are not one

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

You know New Zealand is in the South Pacific, right?

Apparently, you know as much about geography as you do about politics.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I hate Illinois New Zealand Nazis.

3. New Zealand?
    Oh, my fucking god.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Does our right to use the "we saved your ass in the big one" line on Europe ever expire? It's not like any of us below the age of 80 had anything to do with it.

Hell, WE might not exist if France hadn't once saved our asses in the late 18th century, but the French seem to have gotten over it.

5. Henry.
    I'm curious. How many immigrants from the countries ranked in the top five have chosen to come here recently?

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

These polls mean nothing this early in the century. Let's see how things stand when the tournament rolls around.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/243555

How about the St. Lawrence?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We'd better get some wins ASAP or we'll be relegated out of the Premier League.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The Lower East Side is teeming with emigrant Luxembourgers! The Vaticanter tenements are a national disgrace! The Monacotes will overwhelm our government-funded soup kitchens and fondue banks!

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Shit. My bad. I guess that's ultimately the important issue anyway.

And yes, I knew it. But up yours anyway.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

NY is teaming with immigrants... Immigrants, who despite even how much more restrictive we are than we have been at times in the past, don't have the option to go to Luxembourg or Denmark or (name your small, homogeneous European country). And even if those countries let them in, they'd have as much chance of being accepted by the homogeneous (and often xenophobic) populations as a rat at an exterminator's convention.

Draft saved Draft deleted