1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The World Games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Dunno why it would. I'd be surprised if there was a single duplicate event, and you gotta be pretty ignorant to confuse Alabama in July for Oregon.

This thing has been a huge hit here. I've heard virtually nothing negative about it. The city turned out as volunteers and spectators. Many of the small, funky events sold completely out. The city's put up portable Korfball goals on the pickleball courts by the BJCC. There are a whole bunch of sold out food trucks out there doing the small business making money thing. The area around the BJCC feels like Jackson Square in New Orleans or something.

Clearly no one cares.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That’s cool for you guys and I don’t mean to diminish it at all. I love that there are different events like kirfball and big time like softball.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Finally came out to an event (because hey, duathlon is free.) Dude next to me from the UAE is feverishly wiping his brow and fanning himself trying to stave off the Alabama heat. Only 88 degrees, with a heat index of 97.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How's that go? <ahem> "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."

I told a couple of people yesterday that they were lucky that this week had been cool, and they looked at me like I had three heads.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

If you've ever covered the World Games for the Deaf, stick out your tongue. :p

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Finally saw the German men playing some tiny little dinks in the gold medal match.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Flag football finals are on NFLN now.

Draft saved Draft deleted