1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The words and a picture of ignorance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 17, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Leonard Little belongs in jail, not the NFL.
    Michael Vick deserves nothing.
    If Goodell was anywhere near the hard-ass he claimed to be, neither of them -- and Adam Jones and Plaxico Buress, too -- would ever play another second in the NFL.
    Meanwhile, you can all watch every second of breathless coverage of Michael Vick on ESPN in the next week. And you can all adore the wonderful league full of thugs, scumbags and criminals in the fall.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well then we interpreted his question differently -- I thought he was saying that it is no gaurantee this guy is going to be even shadow of his former self as a football player so the league shouldn't bother reinstating him.

That's why I said, in a nutshell, that whether he is going to be a starter or not should have no bearing on the decision by the NFL to reinstate him.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sorry if I was unclear.

I do think Vick will have the talent to be a professional football player, but I also think his skills will have regressed. How much? Who knows?

But if I was an NFL team, even if he played at the level before he was banned, he would not be worth the BS. I will say that I think running QBs hurt their teams in the end, so I am biased against his style of play.

If Lawerence Taylor or Joe Greene or Joe Montana were guilty of fighting dogs in the prime of their careers, they would be worth the risk. I just don't think Vick will be a Pro-Bowl player when he returns.

Draft saved Draft deleted