1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The words and a picture of ignorance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 17, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

As disgusting as that is, it is still not worse (it may be as bad, but it ain't worse) than killing people, beating up your wife, being a millionaire and failing to pay your child support or acknowledge your kids and a whole host of other crimes that a number of people playing currently in in recent history have on their sheet.....

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

After two years out of the league, what type of player are we talking about here? A backup QB? A slot receiver? A third-down back?

Is he a starting QB next year or the year after? If not, is he really worth all the bullshit?

3. zagoshe

He may not be able to make a roster - that means nothing to this discussion.

The point is, he should have the chance to prove he can no longer player, especially given the overwhelming precedence in the NFL for giving guys like Lawrence Phillips and Jason Peters second and third chances.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sure, he should be allowed a chance. But any team would be batshit crazy to have him in their facilities.

The XFL was just five years too soon.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wow, you came around on that quickly.

6. zagoshe

Came around on what?

I think not only will he make a roster, he'll be a starter again because the state of quarterback play in the NFL is awful.

My point to Devil was simply "OK, fine, say the guy sucks ass and he can't play a lick and doesn't make a roster -- that is irrelevant to this discussion."

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ah, so you'll hedge it, just in case.

8. zagoshe

No.

But nice try.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So when Devil asks what can be expected of Vick after two years out of the league completely, why say he may not make a roster when you could say....

10. zagoshe

OK I am going to try and slow this down since you seem to be struggling tonight......

Devil's point was that Vick has been out of the game for two years, he will suck, so he isn't worth all the bullshit.

My response wasn't agreeing with him. I was say how good or how bad he is when he returns doesn't mean a damn thing with respect to the discussion about whether he wants a second chance.

Yeah, I know, it is me that starts pissing matches......

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I would say that Leonard Little's crime was way worse than Michael Vick's.

But to say that Vick "deserves" a second chance is a little wacky. He doesn't "deserve" shit. He might get a second chance, but it's not because Vick earned it.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think Devil's question pertained as to what could be expected of Vick, and if it would be enough to make it worth all the grief that will come from signing him.

It appeared to me he was asking for other opinions on what could be expected.

Draft saved Draft deleted