1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Women Screw It Up Again (NCAA)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 18, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Is it a catjack if there's a basketball involved?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Diana Taurasi makes the bun fun.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I can't believe it took this long for someone to mention Candace, especially since three UConn alumni were name-dropped early on. I was going to say it myself but I didn't want to take over Luggie's thread.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You mean the bracket Tennessee is in isn't fixed so they get further than they should?

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Gross. Gross. Gross.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

She shouldn't have bigger arms than me.

And jerseys shouldn't be electric pee on white.

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Actually, both the men's and women's tournaments should give the top two seeds in each region home court in the first two rounds. That would be fair because it would create some value in having a great regular season.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Are her arms really that big or is that just a bad picture?

I remember seeing Jennifer Azzi in person when she was playing for a touring Atheltes in Action team in the early '90s. I noticed she had very muscular arms, but man, was she ever beautiful.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jacks lead TCU by 30 at the half.

Suck it, NCAA.

10. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

I realize me and about three other people care about this, but while we're on bracket screw jobs: Bowling Green won 25 straight games and didn't get a bid.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

How does a No. 9 seed get to play in front of a home crowd? I'm pretty pissed about that if I'm Middle Tennessee State (8 seed) or Duke (1 seed).

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The women's game isn't to the point where it can sell tickets to a random event if the home team isn't involved. So the teams who host are gauranteed to play at home.

That's just how it is and I don't have that much of a problem with it because that's just reality.

Draft saved Draft deleted