1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Women Screw It Up Again (NCAA)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 18, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was clearly a joke. I didn't read yours that way.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I give up. It's impossible to be lighthearted about sports, fashion or anything around here anymore.

I don't think I have changed, but everybody is taking my "exact words" these days. I'm Greg Brady in the "exact words" episode of The Brady Bunch, and it's a living hell. ;D Seriously, I think it started with the Facebook thread.

Only Ace and a handful of others "get" me............

*** sigh ***

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I looked at the playing-in-the-nude idea as a helpful suggestion from the minds of SportsJournalists.com and Luggie's match-rigging rant as hysterical, feminine lunacy.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I'm with sportschick. Taurasi???

5. Who is this Tony that pissed off Pat Summitt? Just wondering.

Before you go off and rant about someone not knowing anything about women's basketball, you may want to get your own house in order. :)

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fuck, Geno. Oops.

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Awesome thread here.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is Diana Taurasi starting at guard or forehead... forward, sorry...

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Fixed that for accuracy. :)

-----

The committee was hamstrung by the fact that the sites were predetermined. That's why some lower seeds are hosting in lieu of the higher seeds.

Yes, South Dakota State got jobbed.

Still in near-disbelief that Duke got a No. 1 seed over Stanford, which really surprised a fan of the women's team I know very, very well. Even more surprised that Duke ended up in East Lansing given that Joanne McCallie was the coach at Michigan State. The Devils will have to earn it if it faces Stanford in the regional final, though, given that the clash would be in Berkeley.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You're only supposed to be lighthearted in the birthday threads and catjacks. Go back and read the rules.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was going to be Internet Cool Guy and say something snarky about Taurasi's looks.

But who am I kidding? Yeah, I totally would.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted