1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Women Screw It Up Again (NCAA)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 18, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Lady Griz have won some tourney games. I expect the Jacks will too.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Brittany Jackson isn't on UT anymore, so I wouldn't watch, even if they were in the nude.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So Luggie's suggestion is heresy, but it's OK for lower-seeded teams to play on their home courts throughout the tournament?

You want fair -- or you want ratings and people in the seats?

It's not close to fair now.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No, no, of course not. That was just me trying to provoke an argument about women's hoop of all things!

I get periodically frustrated with some of the "asshats" who run the women's game because I think it could be so much more....

P.S. Pat's mad over what was allegedly said when she lost out on Maya Moore-- all the more reason to set up a dramatic matchup. Let Pat get her licks in.

Whoops. ;D

5. I don't know much about women's teams, but I do know Illnois was horrible this year.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't like that, either. But intentionally fixing the seeds to try to help one team get farther than it should is worse.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

All I know is there will be plenty of good seats available for the first- and second-round games here in Chattanooga. I'm predicting the combined attendance for the three games will be no higher than 4,000 — and I'm probably being generous.

And this Tennessee team is so lousy that I'll be quite surprised if they make it to the Sweet 16. I'm sure Geno was hoping for the chance to play Tennessee, if only so he could win by 40.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If we used attendance as the sole criteria, the regionals would be in Knoxville, Storrs, Norman and Ames / Lubbock / Albuquerque (on a rotation) every year.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was kind of a silly argument, but ok.

I do understand why SC got ticked off, at least this time. I think she saw your idea as disrespectful to the women's game.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For the second straight day, sj saves me the trouble of buying lunch. The infamous Peppermint Patty pic has nothing on that visual.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh but the talk of women playing in the nude was?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Baylor beats OU twice and wins the Big 12 tournament

OU gets a No. 1 seed.

Baylor gets a No. 2 seed.

Um, ok...

Draft saved Draft deleted