1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Women Screw It Up Again (NCAA)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 18, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So you would've given the Lady Vols a seeding they don't deserve to make sure they got easy wins so they'd face UConn. Um, wow. That's just disgusting.

The real matchup this year is probably UConn and Oklahoma. IF you paid attention to women's ball, you'd know that.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Pretty much. ;D

I'm sorry I disgust you.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Damn right!

So, I just looked up the Jacks record and sked.

They're 31-2. That's first of all.

They beat:

Missourii on the road.
    Wisconsin at home.
    Utah at home. (Utah won their conference and is in the tourney)
    Oregon at home.
    Illinois on a neutral court.
    Montana on a neutral court. (Montana won their conference and is in the tourney)
    Minnesota at The Barn. (Minnesota got an at-large bid)
    Gonzaga at Gonzaga. (Gonzaga won their conference and is in the tourney)

They lost to top-seeded Maryland by 12 on a neutral court. And they lost one conference game to Oakland, a team they then beat in their conference finals.

How in the fuck did they get a SEVEN seed?

Massive, massive screwjob.

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Because asshats did the brackets.. I saw SDSU a few years back in a holiday tournament, two years in a row I think and they won the D-II title at least one of those....they were pretty wicked awesome then.....

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I might have written it with a bit more diplomacy, but you're right. No way the committee should compromise the integrity of the tournament for ratings.

Stick Tennessee and UConn in the same region for ratings? Sure. I can see that. But fix the bracket so Tennessee gets farther? Come on, Luggie. You should know better than to suggest that.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Blue font?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Zeke, the committe consistently screws the teams from non-power conferences. Montana was ranked a few years back, lost in their tourney final and didn't get a berth.

Yes, SDSU should have gotten a higher seed.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh......... y'know........... I just meant they should have been 'liberal' with their placements and seedings.......... Get jiggy with it... finagle it... finesse it... FIX IT!!!

Seriously... they should have at least given it a shot at happening.

If they put UConn and Tenn in the same region, would people have complained the committee was trying to make their game "too dramatic"? ;D

10. outofplace

Nah. I'm trying to do a better job of playing well with others these days. Not always succeeding, but I do try..

11. outofplace

I see what you are saying and I can definitely see the argument for putting them in the same region. But when you suggest fixing things so they play one another, you're way off the rails.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, yeah. I am just stunned at the scope of that screwing.

They're basically saying you can play as tough a schedule as you possibly can out of conference, win all your games and you're, what, a five seed?

I mean, damn.

May the Grizz and the Jacks get their revenge!

Draft saved Draft deleted