1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Women Screw It Up Again (NCAA)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

First of all, I want to apologize for posting a thread about women's basketball. Snooze. Truly, it's not my thing.

But, so, I got around to looking at the women's bracket today...

For the love of all that is right, sane and holy, why are UConn and Tennessee not in the same freakin' region?

In a year when the whole tournament is a laffer because of UConn, why not give it some appeal? Tennessee is a 5 seed-- you could put them anywhere!

These two teams haven't played in 2 years, right? After Pat pulled the plug over some dirty, unknown secret?

Look-- it's a down economy. Please give people a reason to put an eyeball on your sport!

It's not hard, folks.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

UConn could play Tennessee in the nude and I wouldn't watch.

OK, maybe I would watch.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They haven't played because Tony the ass was going around telling recruits Pat was gay during her divorce. Can't say I blame Pat for refusing to play his fucking ass ever again.

And Tennessee, much as I love them, won't make it out of the second round this year, so there's no way they'd play UConn anyway.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Are Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird and Elena DelleDonne added to the UConn roster for your special game, TSP? If so, I will pay my quarters to watch.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Shea Ralph wonders "Where's the love?"

6. sportschick

Taurasi? Really?

You guys never fail to amaze me.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I have always thought she was sneaky hot.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The woman's bracket really is screwed up and that's just one example.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I thought this was going to be about how the Fightin' Jackrabbits got jobbed with a No. 7 seed.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

sportschick,

If I were the women's committee, I would've given Tennessee an easy path to UConn to all but insure a matchup.

I don't blame Pat for pulling the plug-- my point is that it's a situation fraught with drama.

And the women's game needs that.

They whiffed bigtime.

If I were their television partner, I'd be wicked pissed.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about South Dakota State only getting a 7 seed and having to play in Texas against Texas Christian, even though SDSU had the second-most wins in the country after UConn.

Free the Jackrabbits!

Zeke12: Wow, midwesterners thinking alike and you beat me to it goddamn it.

12. sportschick

I think Elijah Wood's hot, so I really can't make snarky comments about who anybody else finds attractive. I'm just surprised is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted