1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wisdom of Suzyn Waldman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 14, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

2. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Not to defend her, because I don't really like her, but in this particular instance I think we all know what she was trying to say. The old shut down inning.

Let's just be glad that every phrase we type doesn't find it's way to millions of readers before we have the chance to say "that's dumb" and delete it.

Again, not saying Waldman is good. Just saying you need to do better than that to rip her.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but when I think Suzyn Waldman I see the Fabulous Sports Babe. Both equally annoying I suppose.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i believe it's short for "sports night editor."

close, spnited?

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

agreed. she didn't make it clear but this was a real nitpick. i would think everyone understood what she meant.

also agree that suzyn/sterling are unlistenable. but there's much better ammo than this.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Dammit, shockey. It's supposed to make people think. Now you've gone and given it away.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You mean it's not "spirited?"

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Always figured it was abbreviated code for ESPN United.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It wasn't like that growing up when Marv Albert was doing the Knicks and Rangers and Marty Glickman was doing the Giants games.

When did Yankee fans grow so thin skined that they required a reach-around, every inning?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Shockey did you by any chance catch this on the radio or are you just going by what was written?

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

oops! my bad. :-[ :-[ :-[

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Not knowing what it was short for was bad enough, but my brain couldn't figure out a way to pronounce it.

I always wanted it to be spirited. I can pronounce that.

Draft saved Draft deleted