1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wisdom of Suzyn Waldman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I tell ya folks ya just learn something new everday listening to Suzyn do a baseball game.

Todays gem -- " if you're the pitcher and your team has gotten you some runs, you do not want to allow the opposing team to score"

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Is that the first time the words "wisdom" and Suzyn Waldman" ever have been used in the same phrase?
    It should also be the last.

But I will remember the part about not wanting the opposing team to score. I never realized that was an important part of the game.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

What is..."I'd like some light reading?"

4. Boom_70

Ya know Suzyn I guess AJ can afford to give up a few runs today.

5. Boom_70

They should have made Suzyn a piece of history from the old Yankee stadium and let Brandan Steiner sell her like the old urinals.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I understood what she was trying to say, I gather if a pitcher gets some runs, you don't want to go out the next inning and give them back. You want to allow the paint to dry on the numbers. But I guess articulation wasn't in the help wanted ad.
    I will say this about the Yankee announcers, I don't know if they would work in any other market. When I think of New York, I think of bombast, arrogance and a total aversion to subtlety. I can't think of another team that has announcers more suited for their market since maybe Harry in Chicago and Jack Buck in St. Louis.
    I always thought Ernie Harwell would have been a great fit for Atlanta.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

All that's missing Dan is accuracy and competence

8. bueller

bueller Member

Completely agree. By the way, he was born in Georgia.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In New York?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sterling makes more mistakes in one game than most guys make in a season. Waldman just babbles for nine innings at a tme.
    They are awful

11. Boom_70

Waldman is one anecdote after another.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

OH MY GOD OF ALL THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN, SPNITED AND BOOM ARE IN AGREEMENT OVER ME!!! SPNITED AND BOOM ARE ON THIS THREAD HAVING A CIVIL DISCOURSE ABOUT ME!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted