1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 60 "-30-"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Dedo

Dedo Member

I'm down.

I wonder, though, if it will be possible for Wire newbies to participate in the same discussions as Wire veterans. Because I'd imagine the veterans will be making a lot of references to foreshadowing and the like. And to the newbies, those references would be spoilers.

It would be ideal to figure out a way to get newcomers involved, but even if that can't happen, it's a great idea.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Count me in. I haven't watched a Wire episode in months. Been something missing from my life.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'd like to start soon because Sepinwall has already started and I think his insights would be a pretty valuable contribution.

Next week? I think what I'd like to propose is that each of us pick out someone on the board they like a respect who they think (based on their lack of participation here) has not watched The Wire. Lobby that person to join us in the discussion.

I do agree that it would be tough to have a Wire discussion with newbies and vets. What Sepinwall is doing is having two posts, one for newbies, one for vets, but his reviews are somewhat spoiler free. Perhaps we can do something like that.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Count me in, but I would also like to see some noobs jump on board with us.

BTW, Season 5 drops mid-August.

5. The_Bunk

The_Bunk New Member

I'll join in, since I'm a newbie on this site and to The Wire. My friends have been trying to get me to watch the show because they've been calling me "The Bunk" for more than two decades.

6. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Yeah, count me in.
    I'm sort of a noob. I've seen every episode of "The Wire," but I was a late starter and only recently finished the show. I missed out on all the enjoyment of coming to this board and sharing the experience with y'all. So, if you do this, I'll be here. Can't wait.

7. I'm in also. My roommate has never seen the show and is about to get started. I'll be watching with him.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Just finished the series over the weekend. I have all of you to thank for letting me know the show was out there (haven't been an HBO watcher since 'Oz' and 'Mr. Show').

A friend texted me after I finished it, saying: "Do you feel a little bit like Inigo Montoya after he killed the man with six fingers on one hand?"

Draft saved Draft deleted